Thoughts on the QuickJack

All the trash that's fit to talk (keep it civil kiddies)

Thoughts on the QuickJack

Postby leftme » Fri May 18, 2018 7:37 am

So as some of you may know through my wife's instagram, I picked up a Quickjack at Costco.
I was a bit worried about the size of the BL-5000SLX fitting under the Miata but I'd heard some internet rumors that it was redesigned a year or so ago.
And I figured having a jack that can lift 3 of the 4 cars would be fine, bonus if it works on the Miata.
After assembling the fittings and hoses, filling with ATF and bleeding the air out then waiting for warmer weather to hit I finally got around to actually lifting some cars.
The power unit is the 110V one and the only one Costco had available, it seems fine for lifting speed, the S2000 was lifted to full height in ~17 seconds.
The jacking platforms seem to be specifically designed to fit the Miata as a minimum but it fits.
Lifting the vehicles also moves them back, first lock is ~4" back and top lock is ~9.5" back, so there are some space constraints to be aware of.
After I bought the SUV adaptor kit, it was used to change out tires on the 4Runner, a ~4500 lb SUV. Handled it easily. Lifted to the top lock, I could roll around underneath on my creeper.

My biggest complaint is figuring out how to store everything when not in use.
I also want to attach some 1/16" or 1/8" plastic sheet underneath the lifting units to stop them from being scratched on the cement floor when moving them under the car, I'm not sure how long the powdercoating will hold up.

Clayton
1993 Mazda Miata LE #1154 --- SSM - What have I done?
2007 Honda S2000 --- Returned to daily driving duties.
leftme

Re: Thoughts on the QuickJack

Postby rox » Fri May 18, 2018 8:18 am

Cool review. I've been thinking about getting something like that as well.
That's interesting about the movement... something I would definitely need to consider since my garage is tiny!

So now the storage issue (which is also my big issue). These are probably not meant to be driven over are they?
Marcin D. : 1996 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV
http://club456.ca - Amateur Racing Team
rox

Postby rox » Fri May 18, 2018 8:29 am

I just thought of another question for you.
Do these have to be used "both at the same time" or can you say use only one and lift one side of a car (say to just swap that side wheels)?
Or another combination use both at the same time but on two vehicles that are side by side and only lift one side of each vehicle?
Marcin D. : 1996 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV
http://club456.ca - Amateur Racing Team
rox

Postby leftme » Fri May 18, 2018 2:11 pm

Not made to be driven over.
I'm only going to say they are designed to be used together on the same car.

Clayton
1993 Mazda Miata LE #1154 --- SSM - What have I done?
2007 Honda S2000 --- Returned to daily driving duties.
leftme

Return to Off Topic