Anyone Prepared for 2016?

Look Ma, no DOT's

Anyone Prepared for 2016?

Postby rox » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:39 pm

Hey just wondering who I might have the pleasure to run with this year in the Prepared group.
As my signature states in the moment I will be running in FP... in a probably rather under prepared car for this category for AutoX (welcome to my last year pretty much).

I only ended getting new coilovers and got the rear RS LSD on the car for this year.
Didn't end up with any mad tires because I run out of money for new wheels/tires.

What I did do though is stripped the crap out of the interior with only the dashboard remaining. I got rid of all kinds of trims, sound deadning material, carpets, rear seat, stereo etc. so basically a whole whack of weight reduction.
Not sure what the total reduction is but I will try to get the car weight as it's totally back together...

Anyway, long story short my PAX is going ot suck. Anyone else riding that boat this season?
Marcin D. : 1996 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR (RSified and Racecar-ish)
rox

Re: Anyone Prepared for 2016?

Postby carguyjon » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:40 pm

Not sure how many I'll make, but yeah FP for lyfe.
-Jon
Looking for PAX worse than a GTR?? Take out your seats and join FP!

"Pax means nothing if you can kick butt in a Chevette" -Ian
carguyjon

Postby SirSidewaystheThird » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:04 pm

Depends on how much of my interior I can get back in after the roll bar is installed.
Fuel goes in, seals come out. Welcome to the wonderful world of the rotary engine.

Cyrus P.
Scouts-class Rx-8 - Always be Prepared
SirSidewaystheThird

Postby majormojo » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:04 pm

I'm set for autox, mostly. Only minor changes for this year. I have a new adjustable front anti-roll bar and endlinks to install and a new catback exhaust. That's it other than a fresh set of RE-71R's. Still running in SS class this year, athough the 987.2 Cayman S is being moved to AS for 2017. One of my kids is asking about autox this year, so we may just come out with ye olde chumpcar civic and play with that in EP instead. In other racing, I'm going to Knox Mtn hillclimb again, the ChumpCar @ Castrol and likely some road racing with NASCC.
Jim W, #24
WCMA Solosport Director
majormojo

Postby SirSidewaystheThird » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:15 pm

Still running in SS class this year, athough the 987.2 Cayman S is being moved to AS for 2017

Piss off you're fast enough as it is :P
Fuel goes in, seals come out. Welcome to the wonderful world of the rotary engine.

Cyrus P.
Scouts-class Rx-8 - Always be Prepared
SirSidewaystheThird

Postby rox » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:20 am

Sounds good guys!
Maybe we will see you out then Jon! I probably can only do 6 events this year cause there is a bunch of stuff other stuff I need to do this year... perhaps we can stack the BMW against the Evo :D

Cyrus... forget the interior, come to Prepared! Interiors are overrated anyway right?

Jim! Congratulations on your kid being interested in getting into the sport, one can only hope!
And I'm also riding on RE-71Rs this year... Costco was out of stock for RE11s for my size so I had to make the choice to go with those.
Thankfully I have enough RE11s left for the race school in April cause from all I've been hearing about the 71Rs they get greasy on long track exposures... I really need some 17" wheels to open up some more possibilities for what I can run for a tire, that was the plan for this year but then I cashed out on other stuff.
Anyway have fun with your adventures. I'm 99.9% positive we will be entering with 2 Evo IVs into Knox in 2017, and the Boxer Battle time attack/autox is happening again this year in Saskatchewan so we'll be hitting that up in July with 3 JDM Evos. Should be fun.
I think after 2017 (so maybe 2018) if I can score a parts car by then I will start seriously thinking about the wheel to wheel stuff with NASCC :D
Marcin D. : 1996 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR (RSified and Racecar-ish)
rox

Return to Prepared