STF questions

Look Ma, no R's

STF questions

Postby fidk117 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:01 am

Am I allowed to delete rear windshield wiper assembly? I read through the rules but am still unsure. Also I am too tall for my car, with helmet on I have to gangster lean which makes for a very difficult and awkward driving position.... so my question is what kind of easy fix can I do to lower drivers seat and remain above 25lbs? Can I just add weight to an aftermarket option? Oh yeah, where can one buy a seat in Edmonton? any stores keep them in stock?
Thank you for any and all help.
fidk117

Re: STF questions

Postby GrantC » Tue May 09, 2017 7:28 am

fidk117 wrote:Am I allowed to delete rear windshield wiper assembly? I read through the rules but am still unsure.

If it doesn't say you can, you can't.

Also, I'm sure there's bigger "bang for your buck" mods to be worrying about first.

fidk117 wrote: Also I am too tall for my car, with helmet on I have to gangster lean which makes for a very difficult and awkward driving position.... so my question is what kind of easy fix can I do to lower drivers seat and remain above 25lbs? Can I just add weight to an aftermarket option? Oh yeah, where can one buy a seat in Edmonton? any stores keep them in stock?
Thank you for any and all help.

Yes, the weight is including the mounting brackets, so look for steel ones, and yes you can add weight to the assembly.

As for local shops. Not a clue. But I know there's local autox cars with seats if you want to sit in some to confirm how different brands are sized.
Don't make me quote you in my sig! ;)
GrantC

Postby fidk117 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:28 am

okay thank you
fidk117

Postby majormojo » Thu May 11, 2017 9:47 pm

With some OEM seats you may be able to remove the seat cover and cut out some foam to lower the seating position.

Gee & Gee Racing in Leduc may have some race seats in stock. Mopac has had some in the past, they probably still do. Also, check Invision Auto Imports.

Regarding weight, yes you can add weight onto an aftermarket seat. When I ran my Miata in STS2, I had a lightweight Kirkey aluminum seat and bolted a 10lb exercise weight underneath to bring it up to 25 lbs.
Jim W, #24
WCMA Solosport Director
majormojo

Return to Street Touring