Weighing Cars - where to?

Suspension Setup... Engines... Tires... Why is that RX-7 so loud?

Weighing Cars - where to?

Postby rox » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:13 am

Hey guys,

I need to have my car weight so I can classify it properly for Time Attack stuff.
I'm pretty sure I will need to do this more than just this time (pretty much at least once a season).

I'm curious if anyone knows a place/person who has a proper scale that could potentially do a printout of the results as well.
I'm ok for now with something just as simple as the total weight and taking a picture of the result.

Would like to eventually weight it the same way as, for example, the cars were weighted at the CAC nationals.
I don't "need" this right now because I'm not at a stage where I can do anything with this weight balance distribution to benefit the car setup...

Please let me know if you have any ideas of an accurate scale that I would use/pay for use.

Thanks.
Marcin D. : 1996 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR (RSified and Racecar-ish)
rox

Re: Weighing Cars - where to?

Postby majormojo » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:49 pm

Check with Chris Saunders at River City Motors. He's a Spec Miata racer and I'm pretty sure he has scales on his alignment rig. NASCC also usually has a set at the track on race weekends.
Jim W, #24
WCMA Solosport Director
majormojo

Postby STI-TOM » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:43 pm

I have a set of wireless longacre scales and ramps that I would rent out to people I know for a weekend or so, if you ever want to corner balance the car. I could get you your weight if you came out to my place by Saint Albert too.
STI-TOM

Postby rox » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:08 pm

Thanks guys.

Tom I'm close to Saint Albert I'll PM you sometime and maybe arrange something next month?
I have a couple more things I need to do on the car before then.
Marcin D. : 1996 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR (RSified and Racecar-ish)
rox

Postby snackers » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:08 pm

snackers

Postby Tracker » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:47 pm

snackers wrote:https://www.google.ca/maps/@53.5741503,-113.7649887,147m/data=!3m1!1e3

This is the coolest thing I saw today!!!
Tracker
Tracker

Postby GrantC » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:02 pm

No guarantee of accuracy, it only displays to the nearest 10 kg and is intended to check the per-axle weight of semitrailers (and to ensure they aren't thousands of kg over what they're allowed).

Of course, you can always verify for yourself the accuracy based on how much it changes when you get in/out of the car after pulling onto the scale compared to your weight in 10's of kg.
Don't make me quote you in my sig! ;)
GrantC

Postby TheBigF » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:29 pm

In Nisku, on your way to the track, kinda. Not sure about it, haven't used it myself. https://www.google.ca/maps/@53.3033396, ... a=!3m1!1e3
Jamie
Pres. ASA

A guy asked me, "Ever do any offroading?" I said "No, not intentionally."
TheBigF

Return to Tech 'n Tune